We must invest our transportation tax dollars wisely. Santa Clara County needs projects that help us move faster to get where we need to go. We need modes of transportation that are accessible, useful, cost effective and environmentally sound.
As your Supervisor, I will:
- Ask the tough questions about how to spend transportation dollars. Santa Clara County District One residents deserve a supervisor who is an experienced fiscal hawk who will fight to control waste.
- Demand accountability for all transportation projects.
- Look at alternative modes of transportation like increasing bus routes and Caltrain routes to the South County.
- Fight to keep Reid Hillview Airport open
Johnny Khamis has:
- Served on VTA board for six (6) years
- Fought for expanding the number of Caltrain trips to South County
- Opposed costly and unproductive extensions of the underutilized light rail system
- Fought to create transit lanes on Highways 85 & 101
- Fought to keep Reid Hillview Airport open