For too many of us in Santa Clara County, we no longer feel safe. This safety has eroded as more crimes have been reclassified as nonviolent felonies and misdemeanors. Convicted criminals are spending less time in prison and our rehabilitation system is broken.
While Johnny supports prison reform and rehabilitation, the reclassification of crimes has to change. More support needs to be given such as job training and substance abuse programs as an incentive to early release, not after they are released.
As your Supervisor, I will:
- Fight for money to help get released prisoners back on their feet so they are less likely to re-offend.
- Call for audits for the services for the formerly incarcerated to make sure they work and our taxes are being spent wisely.
- Fight to fund more law enforcement officers to keep us safe.
Johnny Khamis has:
- Worked against laws that have made us less safe like Propositions 47 and 57
- Supported every piece of legislation that made San Jose safer
- Championed funding to open our Southern San Jose Police Substation
- Fought to hire more police officers
- Supported all city-sponsored crime prevention programs including after school learning (San Jose Learns), YMCA summer learning, gang prevention, neighborhood safety watches, and summer jobs programs (San Jose Works)