Climate change is real and our generation’s solemn responsibility to address. California should lead the way. As a San Jose councilman, I had a strong record of supporting climate action and environmental stewardship. I supported many city programs which helped to reduce the carbon footprint.
- Worked with Open Space Authority to preserve the Santa Teresa foothills and Sycamore
Terrace near Almaden Lake.
- Supported numerous city environmental goals such as Community Choice Energy,
preserving bay lands, riparian setback policies and Bird safe building guidelines.
- Authored policies on plastic straws, recycling dirty plastics and a gas-powered
- I worked with the community to adopt eight parks including Guadalupe Oak Grove park
where we are attempting to save and restore a Blue Oak Savanna
- Supported effort to buy and preserve the south Coyote Valley
As your supervisor, I will continue to look for ways to clean and preserve our environment for future generations.