COVID has wreaked havoc with our economy and small business community. As a business owner and the chairman of the economic development committee for the city of San Jose, I have a deep understanding of how constantly changing regulations has hurt the American idea of owning your own business. In my roles as a small business owner and City Councilmember, I have worked with our business chambers and small business owners to fight against confusing and costly regulations. I have advocated against higher fees and taxes. I have fought for changes to streamline the building and permitting process.
- Started several businesses
- Promoted commerce on behalf of the Silicon Valley to many countries around the world
- Hosted Smart City Expos at city hall
- Lobbied for the US Patent and trade offices in San Jose
- Helped many entrepreneurs through the city permitting process
As your Supervisor, I will insist that our employers and entrepreneurs have a voice when creating laws that affect their businesses. I will continue to look for ways to streamline the permitting process for our restaurants and small business owners.