COVID has wreaked havoc with our economy and small business community. As a business owner and the former chairman of the Economic Development Committee for the City of San Jose, Johnny Khamis has a deep understanding of how constantly changing regulations hurt the American idea of owning your own business. In his roles as a small business owner and former San Jose City Councilmember, he has worked with business chambers and small business owners to fight against confusing and costly regulations. He has advocated against higher fees and taxes. He has fought for changes to streamline the building and permitting process.
As your Supervisor, I will:
- Insist that our employers and entrepreneurs have a voice when creating laws that affect their businesses.
- Continue to look for ways to streamline the permitting process for our restaurants and small business owners.
Johnny Khamis has:
- Started several businesses.
- Promoted commerce on behalf of Silicon Valley to many countries around the world.
- Hosted Smart City Expos at San Jose City Hall.
- Lobbied Congress for the US Patent and Trademark Office in San Jose.
- Helped many entrepreneurs through the city permitting process.