Government should be well-funded and efficiently provide needed services to its residents. Over the years, there has been a lot of government waste and mismanagement of tax dollars. Residents are over-taxed yet still do not see or get results. One example is when the County rejected millions of foundation dollars for a housing project that would have eased homelessness.
Another example of reckless spending of tax dollars by the county was when county employees were offered free valet parking at the county government center.
As your Supervisor, I will:
- Ask for regularly scheduled audits of county expenses.
- Look for ways to streamline services and demand accountability from vendors and staff
- Make sure that the county spends your tax dollars wisely and saves for the future. Throwing money at a problem without any planning of measurable accountability does not work.
Johnny Khamis has:
- Been instrumental in finding fraudulent VTA contractor activity https://www.sanjoseinside.com/news/fbi-raids-santa-clara-vtas-former-paratransit-contractor/
- Saved the city over $32 million annually by advocating to refinance city bonds to a lower interest rate.
- Saved the city millions by advocating to move the SJPD Training Center from Evergreen Community College to a city owned building, the Southern Police Substation.
- Championed budget transparency through The Open Gov program.
- Fought for audits on programs that appeared expensive or wasteful.